At AGB Lawyers, we treat our clients as more than just an isolated business or service transaction. At every opportunity, we strive to delve beyond the specific legal issue to understand the “why”—the bigger picture—that motivates a client’s request for a particular service.
We believe we must develop that understanding so we can provide our client with full value. Otherwise, we could be providing advice that solves a specific issue, only to face one or more new issues down the road that might have been avoided had we understood the fuller picture.
That is why our corporate mission requires every member of the AGB Lawyers team to take the time and put in the effort, during every contact with the client, to listen—really listen—to what the client wants, not just what the legal team might want or prefer.
This requires that we both listen and ask the right questions so we can learn about the issues as well as about the business, family and collegial relationships that define the client’s broader life.
Understanding our clients’ larger circumstances allows us to provide balanced, measured advice that is set in the context of each client’s life. By doing so, we ensure the counsel we provide goes beyond mere legal advice to become something more relevant—and therefore more valuable to our clients—both now and in future. In short, our advice becomes more valuable the longer it remains relevant.
At AGB Lawyers, every client and every file is handled in this same measured and considered way, because we believe that clients not only deserve this level of service, they require it in today’s interdependent and multifaceted world.
AGB Lawyers is a full-service legal resource for its clients, offering trusted advice and first-rate service in all avenues and aspects of a client’s personal and business life.
The goal of AGB Lawyers is to treat our clients as more than just an isolated business or service transaction. We are committed to:
- developing positive, sharing and productive lifelong relationships with our clients and their families;
- taking the time necessary to understand and learn from our clients;
- being empathetic to better serve their needs;
- anticipating the problems and issues they may face, both personally and in business;
- working with our clients as efficiently as we can to reduce their costs;
- providing timely and reliable service that is focused and sensitive to our clients’ specific needs and instructions;
- continuously look for opportunities to add value to our services;
- anticipating risks that clients may encounter and advising clients how best to manage such risks before they arise;
- providing information, support and additional services to make our clients’ lives, and businesses, better.
- processing every client file or matter we handle by identifying a “service solution,” as follows:
- identifying, with the client’s agreement, what the client needs and how we will provide it;
- identifying the associated legal costs for the service to be provided and, if necessary, the non-legal costs associated with delivering the solution;
- identifying the timeframe in which the services will be delivered to the client; and
- updating the “service solution” for the client each and every time one of these elements changes, as they sometimes do, so our clients are always clear on what we are doing for them, when services will be completed and how much they will cost.